The following privacy statement designates how OnlineCollege.org acquires and uses the personal information you afford while using our website: OnlineCollege.org
Privacy Statement Changes Notification
Please note that in the event that our information practices change, we may update this privacy statement. As such, we advocate checking this privacy statement periodically to ensure that your understanding of it is up-to-date.
How We Acquire and Use Personal Information
Throughout your use of OnlineCollege.org, the below personal information may be acquired by us:
- Contact Information. This may include your email, phone, and mailing contact information
- Demographic information. This may include your gender, education background, future graduation date, interests, and/or location area
- Computer information, which is common of most websites. This may include your operating system, browser type, IP address, and the pages you use before or after entering our site.
This information is used by us to:
- Locate online colleges and degree programs that fit your expressed needs
- Supply you with information to aid you in attaining your career and education goals
- Send you schools’ information you’ve requested
- Meet and respond to customer service needs
- Send you an informational newsletter
- Send you marketing communications relevant to OnlineCollege.org
- Respond to your queries
- Improve our Web OnlineCollege.org and marketing efforts and otherwise assess the needs of our business
- Pilot research and analysis related to OnlineCollege.org
Your Opt-Out Choice
If you wish to discontinue receiving marketing information from us, you may unsubscribe to said service by following the instructions included in our emails.
Sharing Your Information
Please also take note that in affording OnlineCollege.org with your personal information, you are legally querying us. In doing so, you grant us, and our affiliated businesses and third party marketing partners and vendors, permission to contact you. As your query ultimately serves as an exception to state and federal Do No Call stipulations, this permission extends to telephone communications regardless of your being listed on any Do Not Call list.
If OnlineCollege.org at any time engages in a merger, acquisition, or the sale of any portion of its business assets, we may uphold our right, with your previous consent, to share your personal information when it is required by law and when in good faith we believe doing so will serve us in safeguarding our rights, your safety, or others’ safety, examining a or multiple fraudulent occurrences, or responding to a government request.
Effective on August 18, 2012
If you have a question about going to college online, Melissa can help. Get direct access to our expert on Twitter.